Our Lady of the Angels Church
Our Lady of the Angels Church is located in Chicago’s Humboldt Park neighborhood in one of the City’s poorest communities. In 2005 The Archdiocese of Chicago launched a $2MM campaign to revitalize and re-dedicate the Church which is memorialized to date by the school fire of December 1, 1958 that took the lives of 92 children and 3 nuns. The Church that celebrated its last Mass in 1990 is in complete disrepair from severe water damage as a result of roof leaks, a deteriorating foundation, numerous façade cracks and decaying windows and doors. The Church basement houses the local food pantry and distributes clothing to the poor. The Rectory and Kelly Hall also distributes food as well as provides a Seniors Service Center. The Convent is also undergoing a renovation to accommodate new religious staff that volunteer for the Church Community.
SCG’s on-going services to the Church include a new roof for the Church and Rectory, masonry restorations, plumbing improvements and new energy efficient windows throughout.
On-going multiple projects