203k Frequently Asked Questions
- We have just placed our property under contract and wonder who we should call first. The consultant or the contractor?
Answer: Consultant. FHA requires a licensed and approved 203k consultant to monitor the construction and award process prior to acceptance of the work.
- My dad is pretty handy. Can he do the electrical work?
Answer: No. All contractors working on a 203k project must be licensed by local municipalities and carry all required insurance.
- How long does the construction process take before completion?
Answer: The construction process is determined in concert with the Client and successful contractor. The maximum duration, however, is 6 months in accordance with FHA guidelines.
- We have cabinet, tile and bath fixtures and other interior finish preferences. How do we make these selections known to the contractor?
Answer: This information is very helpful to the 203k consultant as they are preparing the Specifications of Repair process. You should make your selections known as soon as your decisions are solidified.
- Does Synergy Construction Group offer any construction warranty?
Answer: SCG warranties all labor for done for one (1) year. Manufacturer’s warranties can vary from 1 to 5 years.
- We would like to move in prior to the construction completion. Is this possible?
Answer: No. FHA guidelines require all inspections must be complete prior to move-in.